Friday, April 07, 2006

An open letter to Rep. Towns

Dear Rep. Towns,

I remember when you sold out working families in your district by voting for CAFTA. You were one of just 15 Democrats to vote for the bill, which narrowly passed the House in a 217 to 215 vote.

Now, a new report shows that donations to your reelection campaign from pro-CAFTA corporations has skyrocketed from $65,500 to $91,164.

That seems good, but your New York colleague Rep. Meeks saw his corporate campaign cash go from $60,676 to $121,321 (almost double!). I don't understand why he able to get so much more campaign cash for his vote than you?

I would appreciate a letter from you letting me know if you are a worse negotiator than Rep. Meeks or just cheaper. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

No comments: