Monday, September 04, 2006

Charles Barkley for Governor!

... of Alabama, that is.

The former NBA great is talking about getting into politics in his home state. "My platform is very simple: I'm going to improve public school systems and make neighborhoods safe," Barkley told The Hartford Courant. "Politicians do a great job of making you argue about things that aren't important. They want you to argue about the war in Iraq, about gay marriage and immigration. I'm against the war, but I support the troops. If gay people want to get married, that's none of my business. Immigrants are great people, working their behinds off. Really, America is divided by economics. It's the rich against the poor. And the gap is widening. We've got to find a way to uplift poor people. It shouldn't be the haves vs. the have-nots."

Couldn't have said it better ourselves. Barkley also thinks that "the Republicans are terrible and the Democrats aren't much better." If you want to run on the WFP line, Charles, just give us a call.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap!

This guy has come a long way. He was a lot more "conservative". I say WFP needs to get on the ballot in Alabama pronto!