RSVP online or with your name and phone number to Betsy Nagler.
Here are the details:
- WHEN: Saturday, September 23, 9:30am - 12 noon (breakfast will be available)
- WHO: Anyone who wants to send a message against the war.
- WHERE: The Peninsula in Prospect Park.
- PRINTABLE MAP: http://www.workingfamiliesparty.org/takebackcongress/videoshootmap.html
Entering on the Southwest/Prospect Park Southwest side of the park:See you Saturday!By Public Transportation:Entering on the Southeast/Ocean Ave side of the park:
- F Train to Ft Hamilton Parkway - Exit at Greenwood Ave end of train. Walk southeast on Greenwood toward the Park. Make a left on Prospect Park Southwest. Go two blocks to Vanderbilt.
- B-68 Bus along Coney Island Ave/Prospect Park Southwest.
Enter the park at Prospect Park Southwest and Vanderbilt St, walking through Vanderbilt St Playground. Continue roughly straight across West Drive on to Wellhouse Drive. Follow Wellhouse Drive for 5-10 minutes until you see the Peninsula on your right, looking out over the lake.
- From Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges: Take Flatbush Ave to Grand Army Plaza, Prospect Park West exit, make left on Prospect Park Southwest at Bartel Pritchard Circle to Vanderbilt St.
- From BQE: Take BQE to Prospect Expressway, 10th Ave exit. Make left on 11th Ave. Make right on Prospect Park Southwest to Vanderbilt St.By Car to Wollman Rink parking lot:NOTE: THERE IS NO DRIVING ALLOWED WITHIN THE PARK ON WEEKENDS EXCEPT TO ACCESS THE WOLLMAN RINK PARKING LOT
Walk north from parking lot, past the Rink, and continue around the lake (it will be on your left) until you reach the Peninsula. About a 10 minute walk.
- From Manhattan via Manhattan Bridge: Go straight on Flatbush Avenue for about 2 miles until you reach Grand Army Plaza. Go halfway around the circle and continue on Flatbush Ave. (the Brooklyn Public Library will be on your left and the Park on your right). After you pass the Zoo and the Lefferts House on your right, make a right hand turn at the traffic light at Ocean Avenue. Follow Ocean Avenue to the next major intersection, which is Ocean and Parkside Avenues. Make a sharp right into the Park (diagonally across from McDonald's). Proceed slowly on the Park Drive to the flashing light where you make a left into the Wollman Rink Parking Lot.
- From BQE South: Exit at Tillary Street and turn onto Flatbush Avenue. Then follow the above directions: Manhattan via Manhattan Bridge.
- From Staten Island via BQE North: Exit at Atlantic Avenue, making right onto Flatbush Avenue. Then follow the above directions: Manhattan via Manhattan Bridge.
By Public Transportation:
Walk north-west up Lincoln Rd, crossing Ocean Avenue to enter the park. Make a right on East Drive, then a left on Wellhouse Drive (the first semi-paved road on your left). After 10-15 minutes, the Peninsula will appear on your left, looking out over the lake.
- Q, S or B Train to Prospect Park station - Exit at Lincoln Rd end of the train.
- B-41 bus to Flatbush Ave. and Ocean Ave.
- B-43 bus to Ocean Ave. and Lincoln Rd.
- B-48 bus to Lincoln Rd.
Technorati tags: Working Families Party | 2006 Election | Take Back the House | Vote Row E